Are you wondering how to do a DIY Microcurrent facial? If yes, then this post is definitely for you.
Years ago, DIY microcurrent facial was not recommended due to safety reasons. It was all about professionals and several visits to spa salons. But today, you are safe to perform this facial at home using the Best Microcurrent Facial Device. Surprisingly, you can include microcurrent facial in your daily skincare routine. With this, you will continue to increase skin muscle strength and restore freshness to your skin.
In this post, we have discussed the steps for a DIY microcurrent facial.
How to prepare for microcurrent facial?
Before taking any step, you should hydrate yourself because microcurrent works best on well-hydrated skin. You should drink a minimum of 16oz of water before and after your treatment. And then proceed as directed below:
- You should remove all your makeup using a gentle cleanser and warm water. After cleaning, you should exfoliate the skin and rinse it.
- You should open and purify the pores with a stream treatment. During the stream treatment, you should add some essential oils to the water for a more luxurious experience.
- You should apply a water-based conductive gel before facial. It promotes good contact between skin and Microcurrent Facial Device.
How to perform microcurrent facial?
- You should make sure the microcurrent facial device is clean. Germs or impurities on the device will impact your skin.
- You should do small areas at a time so that the gel remains wet for conducting the electricity.
- You should place the microcurrent device and glide it along the contours of the face by the jawline for 5 seconds.
- You should repeat the last step 3 times and move up and around to the other areas of the face and brow, following the gliding technique.
- Lastly, you should wash off the gel with warm water and finish the process by applying a moisturizer.
Precautions to take for microcurrent facial
During the week before the treatment:
- You should not tan or use a self-tanner.
- You should not use aggressive scrubs or masks.
- You should not get Botox or injectable fillers.
- You should discontinue strength Retin.
Who shouldn’t use a microcurrent facial device?
- Pregnant women
- People who have a history of heart disease or a cardiac pacemaker
- People have been diagnosed with tumor or cancer
- People who have implanted defibrillators, stimulators, or any other devices
Frequency of microcurrent facial
As already mentioned above, you can include microcurrent facial in your daily skincare routine. Rest, the frequency of microcurrent facial depends on the technique, muscle tone, water intake, smoking, diet, and lifestyle.
In case of any health issue, you should consult your dermatologist. The expert’s advice will help you make the right decision.
Microcurrent Treatment is a workout for your face. Just like in other workout sessions, you shouldn’t commit any mistake during microcurrent, or else, you will suffer from severe consequences.